-

Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday's 10 Happy Things Vol. 1


This week has been the chillest so far, figuratively and literally. Hmm or probably, it's just because of the weather....Anyway, I had a lot of fun this week, minus the fact that I'm sick!!!!! Shoot me now. Last night, I can't even watch the TV properly since my eyes get so sensitive to the light! Enough of my sickness, let's move on to a more positive vibe! Here are 10 things that made me happy this week:


  1. 1. The rain. Need I say more? Pluviophile present!

  2. 2. Staying in bed all day in this weather while reading a book or watching a movie or just surfing the internet. Everything's better in this weather, seriously.

  3. 3. Having an excuse to wear my sweaters. While some people choose to wear floral sundresses/ shorts and sandals to combat the heat, I prefer to wear the jeans + shirt + boots combo even on the summer. Heck, the only time I get to wear a dress is when an occassion calls for it, other than that, I'd rather profusely sweat in my black shirt, thank you. 

  4. 4. Playing the piano again after so long. I'm trying to play Not About Angels by Birdy. The sound of the piano is so soothing and beautiful, I don't even know why I stopped in the first place.

  5. 5. Reading P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han while raining. I'm halfway through and damn it's so good. I love this book so much.

  6. 6. Writing on my journal every night. This is my way of coping up with some things; I'm glad I gave this a shot again. Back then, I'd attempt to journalize everyday but end up abandoning the pages. This time, I'm more inspired. 

  7. 7. Drafting a post entitled 17 Things I Learned By 17. Writing this article has made me realize a lot of things. So far, I've only written 8 things. I'll definitely add more as months go by.

  8. 8. Discovering cool indie rock tracks on sondcloud. I'll be sharing another playlist soon!! As of now, my favorite find would be On An On's Drifting. Lyrics = Exact feels!!!

  9. 9. Getting lost in the Berlin-artparasites and Humans of New York Facebook pages. I bet everyone in the internet knows these two pages as they have hundreds and millions of followers, afterall. But for the sake of those who don't....Berlin-artparasites is a page full of literature and art while Humans of New York, if you already haven't figured out from the title, is a page full of humans of New York; Brandon Stanton, the man behind it all, interviews random people, and in connection, he publishes their words on the internet in hopes of inspiring everyone. Whenever I visit these two pages, I always feel a sense of relief because there are some days when I'm feeling down, and all I want is to know if someone feels the same way too. Then, I'm not that lonely anymore.

  10. 10. Hanging out with my father yesterday. After we dropped off my mother at her work place, he and I headed for the mall to have my dental x-ray (I'm getting braces! FML). We ate breakfast while talking about current events. I made him buy me a book. Hehe. We bought so many office supplies, it was crazy. Basically, we just raided the entire National Bookstore. On the ride home, we talked about the Beatles, as always, and when I mentioned that I haven't seen Hinulugang Taktak yet, he took a detour for me to have a peek of the falls even when the weather's far from okay. It's always, always, a great time with him. 

How about you? How is your week so far? Let's talk. 



This is a blog link-up of Ditz Revolution's Friday's 10 Happy Things

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Let's Talk

About Me

Image and video hosting by TinyPic I'm Nicole, an 18 year-old catcher of dreams and seeker of adventures.