-

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Nicole's Playlist






"We The Committee’s haunting, pensive songs make every moment feel like cinema. Fuzzy, warm rock guitars float over understated beats."

I heard this song on MTV'S Awkward and I knew from that moment I had to know the title. I specifically like this kind of music with the echo vocal effects, cool guitar solos and interesting lyrics. It gives me that certain "feeling" I can't even manage to describe. Like I just want to get out of the house in the middle of the night and roam the streets to wonder about life.



"Purity Ring are a Canadian electronic music duo originally from Edmonton, Alberta formed in 2010."

I discovered their music last year and I was instantly hooked.



"An alternative band born of Dublin, Ireland. A shared love of epic, distorted guitars, blistering harmonious pop, art rock and electronica."

I heard this song when I was feeling down and it immediately cheered me up. I love everything about it - from the lyrics to the melody. This has become my "cheer up song". Listen and you'll see. I also have come to love this band. This will definitely not be the last song of them that will be featured on my blog. 



"Bear Hands is an American post-punk and indie rock band hailing from Brooklyn, New York."

That guitar solo in the chorus is just.



"Musically, "Habits" is a pop song that details the protagonist's attempts to forget about her previous significant other through drinking and other hedonistic pleasures."

This song has been on repeat for the last three days. I can't stop. Send help.



"Delicate but powerful, specific but universal, naïve but knowing, and above all personal despite being steeped in the classic pop themes—love, loss, youth, wonder, disappointment, joy. Sometimes gentle, sometimes utterly the opposite."

You might also like:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Let's Talk

About Me

Image and video hosting by TinyPic I'm Nicole, an 18 year-old catcher of dreams and seeker of adventures.